Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I would like to know if I can sue Vodafone. I took a

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I would like to know if I can sue Vodafone. I took a contract in June 2015, cancel it after 12 or 13 days over the phone and on the chat with them and it took them one month to actualy being able to cancel it, after 20 phone calls and emails to senior management. Now I was shocked to find on my credit record with Equifax that I am 2 months in arrears? how can I be in arrears when the contract was cancelled and also, if it is direct debit, why did they not take money from my account? I did not receive any bills for these 2 months. I am very stressed and I am in the process of getting a remortgage and this note on my credit record is not good. I suffer with panic attacks and I cannot sleep and I had a history of mental problem. My credit record is perfect, apart from this. thanks. ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just sent you a history of the issue. Did you get it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $45) to post your type of question to UK Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.. this is fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Were you entitled to cancel at that time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i was entitled as i was within 14 days cancellation period. but the customer service of vodafone is appaling, nobody knows what is doing
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

Did they charge you an admin fee?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, I was not charged: Here is the email received from Vodafone in July confirming cancellation and no fees to be paid:***@******.***
07/31/15 at 4:08 PMTo***@******.***Message bodyAccount Number :(###) ###-####
Dear Miss Olaru,This email is to confirm that I have now disconnected your number *********** free of charge.We received the handset back in our warehouse on the 20th July 2015.We apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused to yourself with regard to this issue.Your sincerely,Kerry Anderson
Vodafone Customer Relations Specialist
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please let me know how much will you charge me for your answer- your website is very confusing
Only the GBP 45 that you already took from my account?thanksJuliana
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

you will need to email customer services about that on***@******.*** as I am never involved in that.

Do you want to do that before I answer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please let me know if it will be just one off fee. I will email customer services tomorrow. Juliana
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 months ago.

You will need to email them about that as I am never involved in billing.

I will be online at some point when you want to come back though