philip.simmons
philip.simmons,
11181181

I was sexually abused as a teenager 35 years ago. I have

Customer Question

I was sexually abused as a teenager 35 years ago. I have been unable to have a sexual relationship and have severe depression which ruined my promising teaching career. I disclosed the abuse in 2013 and my attacker is serving 4 years. I went to a solicitor who thought I had a good case for PI and lost earnings. The medical was awful. The psychiatrist wouldn't let me speak and said a head injury and personality disorder had caused my problems. No evidence of abuse affecting me but did admit relationship diffs. Gutted. Solicitor didn't warn me not to discuss this. Blabbed to all so now part of my med rec. Had 2nd opinion, seemed better, awaiting result. What's bugging me is solicitor says she doesn't agree with the Dr but wont do anything about it and she now says I cant claim for lost earnings. Surely she should challenge Dr. I was diagnosed with a PD in 1996 by a consultant who told staff on psych ward that I was homeless and faking symptoms for bed. Only diagnosed with severe depression since. Please advise. This is my only chancel to gain some financial security
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask further questions re your answer for same fee
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. THe police have discretion...they are not required to investigate or prosecute any particular report of misconduct. And they can determine what resources, for example, paramedics, are required on any particular call

Now...what you are describing, it sounds like the customer was way out of line...so if there are criminal charges brought, that information would be relevant in the criminal trial.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.