Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

A company in uk that has just been registered to trade in

Customer Question

Hi a company in uk that has just been registered to trade in scrape metal . The owner of the company is using is company to extort money of innocent people instead he is keeping the money . Some of it he is using but he is not paying anything back to the people he has extorted money from . Who can I report him to in the uk is their a general body who can look at this company affairs can I report him to the police , or trading standard .
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.
You can report him both to the police and the Trading Standards department of your local council who also have the power to prosecute him in the criminal courts.
My experience is that the police are unlikely to act without clear evidence and it also depends on the scale of any fraud and amount involved. Trading Standards might be more amenable to running an investigation.
I hope this helps. If there are further points please reply, I will be happy to response.
Best wishes
Michael