Naveed Khan
Naveed Khan,
Experience:  Attorney - Freelancer at ELANCE
81129786

I have been summonsed to attend police interview in a case

Customer Question

I have been summonsed to attend police interview in a case in which I was 'conned' by a female who is heavily involved in drugs i.e. sectioned. I am a disabled person in a wheelchair ( Parkinson's) and need t use a syringe to inject my medication, It seems that I have become a household name dealing with illicit drugs even though I have no connections and have never use drugs/Does a police interview mean I am a suspect
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Naveed Khan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your message.

Please note that if you have been suspected of being invovled in a crime you may be subjected to an interview which will be conducted by the police. It is highly advisable that you seek independent legal advice in relation to this so that you can consult your solicitor and he will explain the process of the interview and will come with you to the police station as it is your primary right to have your solicitor with you while you are being questioned. Your solicitor will give you all necessary information about the interview and he will also prepare you for the same. First of all, it is important to mention that you have several options to choose from in relation to the interview. As a suspect you always have the right to silence although inferences may be drawn from the suspect’s silence as a consequence which flows from being silent. Those circumstances when interference can be drawn as defined in the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act. The interview must also be conducted under caution in order for it to be legal. Given further that you are disabled and have parkinson disease, you may qualify for a person with learning difficulty. In such case, a responsible person 'appropriate adult' will have to be present during interview to explain to your everything. If you feel you have been conned, then the evidence will come out exonerating you of any liability and truth will prevail. Prosecution cannot bring forward the charges unless they have sufficient evidence implicating you in involvement of crime. Let me know if you need further assistance or clarity.

Expert:  Naveed Khan replied 10 months ago.
Can you please rate me? I get paid only when you rate me. Thank you.