Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

FAO Ben Jones The defendant is putting pressure on me to

Customer Question

FAO Ben Jones
The defendant is putting pressure on me to agree a joint bundle now and to draft an index, even though court hearing is in 2.5 months time, we have just exchanged documents as per a court order. Is there any disadvantage to claimant in doing this, nearly all evidence will be provided by me. The defendant has chosen to omit all documents adverse to his case. Now that we have exchanged documents, can I refer to documents in court provided by defendant as well?
Why might the judge order us to exchange docs so early, as it is a small claims court claim, can I apply to add further documents before hearing and is it more difficult to do so if we have a joint bundle?
Thank you for your assistance.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
Let me see if I can help. You are entitled to have all the documents relevant to the case in the court proceedings - as such any joint index should include all of the documents. The court would certainly expect compliance with the court order setting out the timeframe for exchange of documents. The court can exclude documents where they have not been exchanged in compliance with the court order for exchange etc. There is no harm usually in agreeing a joint bundle early just as long as you have all the documents within the bundle. Happy to discuss further. Please rate positive
I hope that this helps - please remember to rate positive - thanks