Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Can a third party claim on my insurance accident which

Customer Question

Can a third party claim on my insurance for an accident which happened on private land?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

CAN you please provide more background facts so we may better assist you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My husband collided with another car on his work premises which is on private land. My husband admitted it was his fault. When the police arrived, they told him that because it happened on private land, he was lucky as no further action could be taken. The third party put a claim in on our insurance which has since been paid out but out of the blue, our insurance company are demanding the outlay to be paid back to them which is £5000! It was an old vehicle which my husband collided with so not sure where they have got this figure from but we don't have this kind of money.
Regards

Can you please upload a copy of your policy for us to view?