How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32973
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I borrowed from a co that was then struck off , the

Customer Question

I borrowed from a co that was then struck off for fraud, the name of the co was changed and they continued to trade they then went into administration and the administrators did not divulge the fraud. Does my loan and Personal guarantee still stand
Did the administrators have the right to claim against my PG in the new co name
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that the administrators are able to seek recovery of debts either against you or any personal guarantors for the money owed. They are allowed to do this to recover the debts owed. However if the original company were fraudulent to you during the course of your transaction then you may well have a claim which you can raise. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
I hope that this helps - please remember to rate positive - thanks

Related UK Law Questions