Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I was offered some money from a friend to move home 800

Customer Question

I was offered some money from a friend to move home 800 miles away and help them run a dog rescue, I have txt messages confirming the money could be paid back for work done at the dog rescue, after 5mths of major landscaping works under taken with all my tools and machinery as well as building maintenance and looking after all the dogs it became obvious I had been taken for a ride as everytime over the mths I asked for a meeting to discuss amounts to be deducted etc... the meetings were all side stepped! I have full txt message documentation of this. I also worked on their vehicles which they were billed for as were outside of the other type of work etc.. non of them got paid even after several reminders... I gave up and suggested the works I had done out weighed the original money loaned and assumed they agreed as I move out and away over a year ago only to find they are now trying to to take court action against me! can you offer any advice please?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking your professional opinion of where I stand, and if they have a case to go to court.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It depends.

What is the basis of their action?

Why do they say you are liable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say I still owe money... and that the works performed by myself was for free, even though I can prove in writting they said works I did would be paid for / deducted from the money borrowed etc..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I actually speaking to a human here or is this just vague computer generated replies???
As thus far you just keep asking me questions and not answering mine!!
Judging by the time lag in response I'm thinking NON human!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be claiming a refund for the good faith deposit I paid as this clearly isn't You giving Me any advice whatsoever!
What a complete waste of my time.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

`ok.

Good luck.

Opting out.