Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Can the court extend my friends CTL if witnesses have twice

Customer Question

Can the court extend my friends CTL if witnesses have twice failed to turn up at court. The first time they served all the summons and nobody turned up so they adjourned it for 2 week and now have only managed to serve 1 summons n not the other 2. All 3 have retracted statements and given total conflicting statements to the first ones given. One of the witnesses is defendants mum the dealing DC has lied and made a statement saying she said to him that she would lie and do whatever it takes to get her son out of jail, which is ridiculous who in the right minds says that to a copper the DC has then gone round to the two other witnesses and asked if she intimidated them both clearly said no.The police have visited her home twice n no other members of family or friends and on the2nd time told me she was wanted for questioning.i want to know if they can extend CTL on son n can mum be remanded for any of this thanks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to hep you today. Can you tell me what the charge is? Also is your friend represented?