How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32972
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is it a possibility to take out a civil case after a a person

Customer Question

Is it a possibility to take out a civil case after a a person has been convicted of fraud ? The Fraudster is serving a jail sentence and has been ordered to pay an amount of compensation. Though only about a third of the monies he stole .
Or is it better to leave things as they are .
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Is this a UK matter? Or are you talking about bringing suit in the US?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is in the U K I thought you were U k based !
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you based in the U K or not ? If not then your information will not be relevant .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you are not in the U K and cannot help me please would you refund the money I just paid to you .
Expert:  Zoey_JD replied 1 year ago.
This particular category in which your question is posted is one that doesn't require a UK law degree. Experts in thsi category are international. If you need a UK legal expert, I can transfer your question to UK law. Please be patient as it may take customer service some time to switch your category to where it can be accessed by your country's experts.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.
How much money does he owe you and does he have any assets?