Maverick
Maverick, Advocate
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
16823287

What is the common law approach to remedy breach of a

Customer Question

what is the common law approach to remedy for a breach of a contract for the sale of goods?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 12 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. The common law approach for claiming damages for any breach of contract is contained in Hadley v Baxendale - you can claim all damages that are a naturally occurring consequence of the breach and are not too remote. Can you provide me with any further information?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This question is for my contract law class. It is not a law degree so I do not require too much detail. I think I would need to list the basic principles the required law in addition to other relevant cases and the general structure that I would need for a decent answerthank you
Lauren
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow shortly in the pane below as per above parameters….

Lauren:

Take a look at this link and tell me if that gets you the info you need....

Here is the link....see above.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Dear Sir
Kindly confirm the link I am suppose to look atThank youLauren
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi
The link you provided brings up a blank page. Please confirm.
Regards
Lauren

http://uk.practicallaw.com/7-101-0603#

Sorry, not sure how that happened. Try the direct link info above by copy and pasting it in the Google search bar.