How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9070
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My divorce solicitors are taking me to court charging order

Customer Question

My divorce solicitors are taking me to court for a charging order on my house for the costs that my exhusband was ordered to pay but failed to do so and it is in the contract that I am liable for them My exhusband resides in brasil and as such it is an unenforcable order. I am objecting to the charging order but the solicitors say they will apply for costs. How can I not pay these if I lose I am on ESA and DLA and as such I simply cant afford further costs. I have a long term mental health condition.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Does your ex have any assets here in the UK?