Maverick
Maverick, Advocate
Experience:  20 years proefessional experience
16823287

We are seeking to overturn a Tomlin Order because of Theft

Customer Question

We are seeking to overturn a Tomlin Order because of Theft and Fraud., and we now have proof that the original Statement of Claim in a number of instances were untrue. Can N244 Form be used for this purpose?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

ANSWER:

Yes, that standard application notice (Form N244) is used to lift the stay of proceedings imposed by the Tomlin Order. After a Tomlin Order is imposed, in any subsequent application to the court, normally there will be jurisdiction to vary only the order itself but not what appears in the schedule. However, the Tomlin Order may be attacked if it is subsequently discovered that the settlement was obtained by way of fraud.