Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a question concerning company car removal in favour

Customer Question

Hello I have a question concerning company car removal in favour of a car allowance ...
I accepted the role, for salary plus a specified company car. After 3 months I asked to upgrade the car, company thought about this for 4 months then agreed to the upgrade, now this month they came back to say they are getting rid of the company cars and replacing them with an allowance, which I don't think is quite high enough for the offer, also not taking into account the upgrade of vehicle they agreed to ...
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
the car allowance offer came this week after 16 months of being with the company
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. firstly can i ask you how long you have been employed there and have you had a company car since you commenced employment with the company please.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello, have been employed here 17 months, original offer/contract was salary plus specified car, Audi A3, after 3 months I asked to upgrade to a 4 door ... teenage daughters and 3 doors don't work! The company thought about this for 4 months and in late march 15 they agreed to the upgrade, a BMW 320 saloon. Now after 8 months they offered an allowance to replace the company car. The offer is based below, I feel the value of the A3 but at no time did they say the upgrade to the newer vehicle was temporary or a just for now upgrade. everything is recorded against P11 and tax etc...

Thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please do not respond to this message as it will just push your question to the back of the queue and you may experience delays.