Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

In the UK, can I (as a legal, tax paying escort/ who trades

Customer Question

in the UK, can I (as a legal, tax paying escort/prostitute who trades under her own limited company) officially employ and pay wages to my husband, who lives in our home, where I work. I want to pay him wages for the housework he does. (like a reversal of the traditional housewife role) He does not assist with the administration of my job as an escort. No one else works in our home.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can have any arrangement you like.

However you are at risk of the police coming along and sticking their noses into this and saying that you are paying him commission because he is a pimp. They will have to do more than show a transfer of money to achieve that although obviously a difficult question to answer might be why he doesn't object to this.

Generally speaking, one girl operating from a residential home with a maid does not offence but you have to take on board that the maid is generally female and your husband is male and the law is outrageously biased in favour of women in the UK I'm afraid.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo