JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I purchased a horse on Monday and took delivery of Tuesday

Customer Question

I purchased a horse on Monday and took delivery of Tuesday this week.
When I went and viewed the horse she was calm and subdude, my partner tried the horse and is a novice rider and the seller walked round with him and she was ok. We then confirmed that we would like to purchase her for hacking and general riding/schooling with the potential to compete on a couple of years, the seller was aware of this and advised that she would be good for that. We where told that the horse was good to catch, clip, box and with its feet, this is not the case she now tries to kick and has kicked my partner, she has dragged me across the field and she has also bucked myself and my partner of.
When we purchased the horse we where told that she was a good horse and was ok with everything, now we cannot even get near her to change her rugs or pick her feet up or even groom her.
I have tried calling the seller with no response, I now want my money back. Where do I stand for this?
Thanks
Michael
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You say that your partner is a novice rider. What is your experience with horses? In addition what evidence do you have that the horse was drugged other than the change in behaviour?