Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I allowed my ex boyfreind access to our 5 month old son

Customer Question

i allowed my ex boyfreind access to our 5 month old son every other day for 8 hours aday now he want to take me to court for overnight stays and more access to him when he wants. he has a history of violance and was arrested when i was pregnant for domestic violance against me and an injuction was put in place. I have allowed him to see his son but i am now getting abuse through texts by him because his family want access to him, i want his family to have contact with him i am not refusing any contact just the amount he is asking me for. He is very controlling and although he has been attending anger managment classes weekly and relationship classes it seems he is still the nasty fretening controling person he was before. I am not refusing any access but he says if i give him what he wants then i wont have to go to court, i do not want him to be away from me daily and overnight at the moment because i feel he is so young and unsettled at night still.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How long has he been having the child for 8 hours every other day?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has been having access since my son was a month old. He is not on the birth certificate.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How long has it been 8 hours a day?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
since the baby was 1 month old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he does not want me to tell him when he can have the baby and for how long, he wants him when ever he wants him and for how long he wants him.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Does he care for the child well? If so what is your objection to overnight contact

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my objection is my son has a routine at nightime he is unsettled due to teething, h will have to have him at his mothers house and is such a heavy sleeper i am concerned he will not wake to him. I do not understand when you say does he care for him. he takes him to his house where mostly his mum looks after him.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I do understand what you mean by that - but I was just checking that you have no worries about the care the baby receives when he is with his father