JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

We are in early seventies and have a mentally/ physically

Customer Question

We are in early seventies and have a mentally/ physically severely diabled son aged 41 living in a Council funded care home. He has a small capital sum (gifts) and a small income. He is a beneficiary under our Wills. What if anything should we do now to protect his interests when we die or become incapacitated?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a UK solicitor and will help you with this. You should ensure that your will provides for the executors to act as trustees to your son, so that your estate is used for his benefit and that there is someone there to administer the estate in your absence. Is there anything else specific that you had in mind and I will be happy to assist you further if I can.