How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 11016
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
JGM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in early seventies and have a mentally/ physically

Customer Question

We are in early seventies and have a mentally/ physically severely diabled son aged 41 living in a Council funded care home. He has a small capital sum (gifts) and a small income. He is a beneficiary under our Wills. What if anything should we do now to protect his interests when we die or become incapacitated?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a UK solicitor and will help you with this. You should ensure that your will provides for the executors to act as trustees to your son, so that your estate is used for his benefit and that there is someone there to administer the estate in your absence. Is there anything else specific that you had in mind and I will be happy to assist you further if I can.