Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
11292137

I have a wrong dayte of birth on my passport

Customer Question

i have a wrong dayte of birth on my passport
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Why did that happen - was it your error or that of the Passport Service?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i dont know what happened when it was renewed in 1993. But yes in 2002 and 2011 i put the wrong date on the existing passport because i was told it does not really matter and without birth certificate it would be very difficult
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i donot want phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem is that the passport being my identity, i have to give this date for banks, insurances etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
waiting for your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please tell me where to find your response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you need to tell me if you can help or is it not something you do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to respond? If i find this not at all satisfactory, can I get the money back?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

the reason for the delay is that every time you post a chasing query your question goes at the back of the queue

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Do you not have a birth certificate with the correct date?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if this is the level of service you provide just stop it and return the money
I have made it very clear if you care to read
i was born in India in 1951 THERE WAS NOTHING SUCH AS BIRTH CERITIFICATE
OTHERWISE I WOULD NOT HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO READ AND ONLY MAKE YOUR MONEY JUST RETURN MY PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY
AFTER WAITING FOR HALF AN HOUR YOU ASK A QUESTION WHICH WAS CLARIFIED IN THE VERY FIRST COMMUNICATION
what rubbish is this???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i raised this with you in May
you suggested I approach the papssport office
I met them on May 20 2015 They simply shrugged their shoulders and said they cannot do anything without a birth certificate
Then another lawyer asked me to make a statuory declaration to the passport office which I did sending my documents as stated to you (GMC reg etc) six months later there is no response.If you can deal with it do it or RETURN THE MONEY
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT IS A RUUBISH MONEY MAKING SYSTEM YOU HAVE RETURN MY MONEY IMMEDIATELY
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

As I was not born in India in 1951 I would not know that birth certificates did not exist there. All you had to do is answer no, I do not have a birth certificate and allowed me to prepare my response

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BUT COULD YOU NOT READ WHAT I SENT?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TO HELP YOU, UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE WHO MAY NOT HAVE IMMIGRATED, I WAS GIVEN A NATURALISATION CERTIFICATE WHICH WILL HAVE THE CORRECT DATE. I HAVE LOST IT SINCE 1986. iS IT POSSIBLE TO OBTAIN IT ? cAN IT HELP?
Say if the person was born here and could not produce a naturalisation certificate in lieu of birth certificate, it would be hopeless but I did bet a naturalisation certificate which should be obtainable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why 24 hours???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your terms are that i will pay only if i am satisfied. This is totally unsatifactory An hour wasted just because the moron would not care to read what was written in the first place
Why can I not get my money refunded?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

I see this has been going on for some time. I will try to help you.

There is only one way to deal with this and that is by producing evidence of your date of birth.

The more evidence there is, the better.

You have already been told to provide a Statutory Declaration but I don’t know what was in the statutory declaration if indeed you did that. You might want to get it drafted by a solicitor therefore who would probably charge about £100. It would then need to be sworn in front of another solicitor who would charge a fixed fee of 5 pounds. It needs to explain that you were born in 1951 and that the time, in India, there were no birth certificates. You need to also explain that you have lost your Naturalisation certificate.

Before doing that, you might want to apply for a replacement certificate.

Here is the link

https://www.gov.uk/get-replacement-citizenship-certificate

depending on when you were naturalised, depends on where you apply.

That then needs to be submitted to the Passport Office along with any other evidence. I suggest that you also get a letter from your GP who can confirm your date of birth.

If you submit that to the passport office and the passport office simply come back and say that it is not sufficient, then you make a complaint and as part of the complaint you ask them exactly what they require in order to correct (NB, correct, not “change”) your date of birth.

Here is a link to the passport complaint procedure

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/about/complaints-procedure

does that answer the question?

Can I answer any specific points arising from this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but your response is not at ll helpful. You keep honing on birth certificate which does not exist. It never did in India in 1951. I take exception to Ben Jones remark 'I was not born in India in 1951.......' The very first information given to JUst Answer was that the birth certificate does not exist.
I very strongly feel that you should refund the money. Last time you did exactly the same and in fact kept charging every month. When I tried to stop it there was no response from you.
This is like a roadside cheat and a very lowdown standard in trading.
I want all my payments to be refunded including the ones made every month after the last communication in May 2015.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

You will need to contact admin with regard to the refund.

The site has an excellent refund policy but you do need to ask. I am not able to do it from here.

I haven’t even mentioned birth certificate. I said that you need to produce evidence of your date of birth which is something completely different.

I have told you how to deal with it and if you do what I’ve suggested, the problem will be resolved.

Nonetheless, I hope you get it sorted.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please direcxt me to refund process for this
It is totally unsatisfactory