Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

A child protection allegation was made against me by my head

Customer Question

A child protection allegation was made against me by my head teacher in Cheshire East after I told him I was leaving school to start my own business. Cheshire East reported the allegation to Stockport (2 months later)where I was fostering. The allegation was investigated in Stockport and recorded as unfounded and I was reinstated. Do I have any case against Cheshire East for failing to check the veracity of their information before contacting Stockport?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but i need some further information first

Did Cheshire East investigate at all?

Clare

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they did not but I was initially told by Stockport I was suspended due to an ongoing investigation in Cheshire. The minutes of a meeting between Cheshire and Stockport (10th June, 2 months after the initial allegation (10th March) of which I was oblivious) record the Head Teacher as stating their had been a "standard investigation" but Cheshire East HR have now confirmed no investigation took place. Stockport finally established no investigation had taken place at a meeting on 7th July and so decided to investigate themselves. I am unsure about the exact communication between Cheshire East and Stockport but I believe Stockport might have assumed a serious allegation as to my conduct with children would certainly have been investigated by Cheshire given that I worked with children there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In reality they took the Head Teacher on trust.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Have you made a formal complaint to Cheshire East?