Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Am endeavouring to complete (as Landlord) a Licence to

Customer Question

Am endeavouring to complete (as Landlord) a Licence to Occupy land with an Animal Charity. Have been advised by their Solicitor that the Charity�s records with the Charity Commission have been updated but no corresponding legal documentation in support has been completed. There is now no full and proper trail/documentary evidence of appointments/retirements leading up to the appointment of the current trustees. Does this situation need to be regularised before completing the Licence to Occupy?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** it’s my pleasure to help you with this today.

Is your concern that whoever is going to sign the license does not have the authority act as such on behalf of the charity?

Do you have it in writing that the records have been updated? What proof do you have of that?

When you say no corresponding legal documentation in support been completed, do you mean that the solicitor has not got it from the Charities Commission and therefore cannot send it to you?

As much background as possible is really useful please. Thank you

Please bear with me today and over the weekend because I will be online off-line spasmodically and therefore, I may not get back to you immediately. Thank you