Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Jo we had an item in store with a builder who had promised

Customer Question

Hi Jo
we had an item in store with a builder who had promised to store for free, he avoided contacting us for the past six months and then when we threatened action he has tried to retrospectively apply charges to the storage. Is he able to do this or do we have protection under estoppel laws ?
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife attempted to recover the gates and offered £500 as a gift in recognition of the time the gates had been stored.
He then brought his "price" down for storage from £2000 to £1000. Unfortunately my wife tried to negotiate this to £750.
I do not know whether she has broken our ability to use law to settle this matter
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. How long did you ask him to store the item for ?