Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I help run a small firm which sells software. Our chief

Customer Question

For Ben Jones. I help run a small firm which sells software. Our chief programmer's employment contract states that "1. The Employee acknowledges that all Employment IPRs, Employment Inventions and all materials embodying them shall automatically belong to the Company to the fullest extent permitted by law. To the extent that they do not vest in the Company automatically, the Employee holds them on trust for the Company." But it does not define Employment IPRs. Other model contracts I have seen explcitly define; "Employment IPRs: Intellectual Property Rights created by an employee in the course of his/her employment with The Organisation (whether or not during working hours or using The Organisation’ premises or resources). " Can one assume that this is the generally accepted meaning? Thank you
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Are you trying to protect any specific rights?