Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Ok so I was doing a honeytrap and actually the guy took the

Customer Question

Ok so I was doing a honeytrap and actually the guy took the pictures and you can't actually see him theres just one with his arm to prove the tattoos but he then without hesitation sent them to me and also when i got hired i was told she was his wife but he was saying its an ex of a few years who won't leave the house. and then as soon as he gets home that night he emails from her email saying he's seen it all but it was from an iPhone on our craigslist emails so it had to be her phone. and continued and he doesn't have my real number we only ever used kik messanger and he said he's going to the police etc but then was kind of saying if you see me again then maybe not so i blocked him and he started ringing my work number and then today left a message saying he's reported it and found my employer so will be in contact with them on monday. i think it was all a big scam but what can i do?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry but I'm not sure what the scam is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That he has pretended to be his wife (ex) and booked me to do a honey trap and then he took the pictures and sent them to me but actually his face was never included and then he gets home and sees all the emails between me and her and me saying what the plan was etc but he was emailing from her phone and now has said he's reported it to the police but actually no money was exchanged no pictures of his face were sent the pics were mainly of me and to what is I think his email not (the ex) and he's now said he's found my employer and is going to tell them on Monday too but since no money was exchanged surely there's nothing the police will do ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then he was messaging me and trying to make things better if I see him again which I wouldn't anyway so I started ignoring him and blocked him now he's ringing me work phone saying I shouldn't have ignored but he was going to go to them anyway. If he has gone to them
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What is he saying he has reported?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well that i sent indecent images of him and the entrapment thing but he took the pictures and apart from one of his arm with the tattoo there isn't any of his face or can tell its him they're all basically all me. And he took them and didn't even bother about sending them to me straight away and the entrapment thing well if I didn't get paid and he wasn't even married then that's not even anything is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all the emails and the recording of the voicemail he sent me but not his messages to me before we met as I had to delete the app to get away from him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you not help?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

To whom did you send photographs of him?

How old is he?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To his wife/turned out was only an ex and he's 32 but the email I sent them too was from a Craigslist advert so not a real email address and I think it was just him pretending the whole time. And I only sent two and there was none of his face just his arm so you could see the tattoo it was full on me though.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

So, in short, he has sent you indecent photographs and you disclosed them to another?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but mainly indecent of me there's no penis or anything of him in them but all of me. And yes I sent them but I'm fairly sure he was pretending to be the wife/ex to get sex from me.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

That is an offence.

If you have sent indecent photographs of yourself to a third party then there are lots of offences under the communications legislation if not the public order act that cover that.

If you have sent photographs of him that he entrusted to you then that is very definitely an offence.

This is not a scam. He could well report you and you have committed offences.

Sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if he has made a statement what will happen will the police just get in touch with me or what?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also if it turned out that there was never a wife/ex and it was just him pretending then is that an offence because they actually just got sent back to him?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, they will not usually just come and arrest you.

If it was sent to any other person than him then that is an offence. If it was sent to him then they could argue that is an attempt.