Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My son and a friend of s are renting a cottage. Fairly

Customer Question

Good morning, my son and a friend of his are renting a cottage. Fairly recently, approximately two to three weeks I believe, two water leaks have developed. The first leak appears in the ground floor kitchen/dinning room. The water drips out of the casing
to an overhead filter unit and drops onto/adjacent to the electric hob. I would guess that this water is coming from the pipe casing situated in the first floor bathroom above. The second leak would appear to be located in/on the roof and the water drips onto
the kitchen window cill. I have told them to email the landlord. Advise him of the two problems and request that he arranges for their repair. So far no action has been taken and it is my understanding that the landlord does not respond to their emails. At
this stage so brief advice would be appreciated and I will pass it on to them this evening. Thank you, Regards ***** *****
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified solicitor and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you know if the landlord is actually receiving their correspondence and is aware of the issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ben, I will check on that tonight with my son and reply to you tomorrow.
Regards, John
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

No problem, thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello John, have you had the chance to check about this? No problem if not, I was just touching base really. Regards, Ben