Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I currently own a property which has no public rights of way

Customer Question

I currently own a property which has no public rights of way on any of the boundaries and the council wish to develop land in field next door, they are proposing putting in an access road where my current drive way is into an existing cul-de-sac would I have any rights to stop them or would it be a compulsive purchase
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

what have they told you thus far?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Council have produced a proposed plan for the town which includes building on existing fields beyond our property but they are proposing an additional access point from our property into the new estate. Our property is within a cul-de-sac and we are at the end of that cul-de-sac - The plan can be found http://www.winsford.gov.uk/news_more.asp?news_id=192 there is a pdf document http://www.winsford.gov.uk/images/Winsford%20Development%20Framework%20Boards%20%283%29.pdfOn the last page of the leaflet it part explains some access points they want to add - they have had no discussions with us and the plan is only in a consultation phase until 22 nov and if the access was to go ahead then there would be a full planning application
I just wanted to know my rights of an owner of private property with no existing public rights of way into the field if I would be able to fight any such plans. We have owned the property for 20 years and the field next door has been vacant all that time and in the past was once a land fill site - I am not likely to consider any offers to allow the access and it would greatly minimize my own parking space and create traffic chaos in a small cul-de-sac. Would they be able to make a compulsory purchase if we were to decline any offers.
I have attached a document I am planning to send to my neighbours to ensure they are all fully aware that may explain more