Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I think I will be arrested. If I plead guilty to

Customer Question

I think I will be arrested for manslaughter. If I plead guilty to manslaughter, how much will the court fees be? Is there still legal aid? What happens if I can't afford to pay the legal fees? I earn less than �15,000 a year but there is equity in my home.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello can you please explain in more detail what happened?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I can't yet. Please can you just tell me if I plead guilty to manslaughter, how much will the court fees be? Is there any legal aid as I earn less than £15,000. Or has that all been abolished now? What happens if I can't afford to pay a barrister?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is equity in my house but if that has to be sold, there will be nowhere for me to live when I come out of prison and I won't be able to get a job because I won't be able to get a CRB/DBS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to go now. This service is USELESS
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I will opt out then.