Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I had been accused of GBH and Robbery by my neighbour ( who

Customer Question

I had been accused of GBH and Robbery by my neighbour ( who I was told by his brother, is Schizophrenic). I was shown a photograph of the injury to his left eye and little on right eye plus a small cut on his nose.
I had not even seen the person on that day and at the time he claims that I had assaulted him, I had gone for a short walk with my wife, daughter and our little dog. On return from the walk we had settled in to watch a film on box but called it a day as all of us were tired and went to sleep.
On the third day of the alleged incident police had called while I was not home. I was informed by wife about the police visit. so when i got home i went to police station where i was detained and questioned and then was bailed to go home and was not charged. After about 6 weeks i was to attend the police station to present myself, i did not need to go through with it as the case was closed. what can i do to protect myself from future such allegations which i suspect would happen. Ash
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

in short, he has made three allegations and you have alibis for each of them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As he has persisted in his attempts of minor natures of harassment in the past, he has stepped too far by accusing me of GBH and of Robbery. He had clear marks of injury to his face. My alibis were of no importance if he had not made a mistake in his statement in which he admitted that I did not have keys to his flat and police examined his house for forced break-in in vain. My worries are that I am a carer for my wife who has a disability, he improvise every time he attempts to harassment, I am now very afraid and am nervous while I go in and out of house. what can I do to improve my own safety
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So in short there are three allegations and you have alibis for them all? Is that right?