How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 9053
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I invested in a couples company. However transference of

Customer Question

I invested in a couples company. However transference of shares was not carried as they changed their minds. They refused to pay me back as the money saying its spent on the firm. Instead offered to return by 17/09/16. They also offered return on the money I had invested and to compensate me for the lack of shares and funds being tied up for one year. I lent �65,000 and have a letter for this. They promised ( 17/09/15) to send me a formal agreement to which would return me �96,000, or the �65,000 and a further �100,000 based on business sales. I have nothing in writing for �96,000 but verbally but do have offer letter to form agreement on the return of the �65,000 plus �100,000 based on business sales. Should I pursue all three elements as separate line items and owing to value, I worry they may dispose of assets such as �60k house in Italy, shares in company valued at �536k. How can I get a freezing order to stop them re assigning shares / selling house to family? Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Do they own any assets in the UK? Did you pay the money to them personally? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks AJ. Yes they ow circa £536k in a company in the Uk, have savings and cars. They rent here but own a house in Italy worth £60k.
I lent them the money personnelly untill such time as they transfered shares in said company. When they didnt then I was told they would pay me back but couldn't and so proposed a contract to repay plus return but to date have missed all deadlines to complete this. I want my 65k back straight away or if protracted a return on it.
I am scared they will off load assetts yo family or freinds and so want an injunction to stop this whilst I sue them.
Thanks for your help

Related UK Law Questions