Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I went into Ltd partenership with a family member, although

Customer Question

hi, i went into Ltd partenership with a family member, although he was well aware we were running low on money he would take money out or pay for personals with a company bank card. on at least one occaion he told me that we had not been paid for some work we had done, latter i find out he had been paid but by cheque made to himself personally, im an Engineer not a Law Specialist but surely this isn't right. Sorry to go on, also he has been totally obstructive, unhelpful and one sided since i confronted him about my findings. Its been hard to trace but there is a paper trail. he has now got himself a job, i would like to carry on with the business, bearing in mind he has taken more money out of the account than the price of the Vat bill, just to top top it all he says, he isn't going to pay anything and the company should 'just' go bump. Sorry to go on but that can not be right ?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today. Are you both Directors of the company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We was until he had to stand down because I couldn't get his name off the bank account
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Is this is a limited company? Do you have a shareholders or partnership agreement? Kind regards AJ