How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32956
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partners soon to be ex wife is saying my son will molest

Customer Question

My partners soon to be ex wife is saying my son will molest her daughter if they stay in the same room along with other things that are horrid. My son has never done anything to anyone (he is 6!) and her daughter is 2! She now expect my children to move out of their rooms everytime her kids come to stay. I wany to send her a message (Along the lines of, stop this rediculous behaviour or I will... She has also said that she has safeguarding concerns during a recent mediation session with my partner due to a scratch that her daughter got from my cat once. What can I do to get her to calm down and stop this neurotic behaviour.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you wanted to achieve?

Obviously there are no magic wands that will turn an unreasonable attention seeker into a reasonable woman.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My main aim is to make her realise that she cannot go around saying that an innocent child is not innocent. I want her to leave us to look after the children in our own way and not by her extensive rediculous rules.
Most important I want to protect my children from her malicious words and insinuations.
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a child arrangement order so that you can regulate the rules about contact with the child?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they r my partners kids and they are going through mediation at present. There is no arrangement order no
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I see. I wonder whether she is simply trying to frustrate contact and hence the nonsense which she is claiming. This is sadly too common in family disputes. You can obviously get a solicitor to send a letter to her - but I would rather think that this will simply make things harder for your partner and the contact. I would really concentrate on trying to resolve the issue of contact - get something down in writing on that through the mediation. The court if it came to seeking a child arrangement order would not have any concerns whatsoever on this issue - it would not prevent contact. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sending a letter stating what? What would the law say she is doing then?
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

See this is why I am not convinced that a letter would achieve anything - you can get a solicitor to write stating that her comments are inappropriate and she should not repeat the comment s- but I am not convinced it will generally achieve what you want in this case. The fact is that she is really trying to muddy the waters in the family dispute over contact - there are good books on amazon on how to represent yourself in the family court - which may be of help to your partner - explaining the process. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks