Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I,ve just received a court/penalty speeding fine at 56

Customer Question

I,ve just received a court/penalty speeding fine for driving at 56 m.p.h.in a 50 m.p.h. traffic zone on thr M.1 motorway on 22nd.April 2015.The fine is �666 and 6 penalty points.I moved address inJune 2014 but didn,t change the address on owners document until 10th,June this year.Consequently all notifications must have gone to the first address.\therefor I was not aware that I,d been caught speeding in the first place.Now some of the correspondence must have been dated after the 10th,JUNE 9 (when Swansea changed my details )Was it not,therefore the courts responsibility to check the car owners address prior to sending out further mail.The court hearing was 22/10/2015.Kirklees.How do I stand.Colin Oliver
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you asking if you have a defence?