Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

I had a car with a garage to sell on a sale or return

Customer Question

i had a car with a garage to sell on a sale or return agreement,i have just found out that the garage has gone into liquidation.Some cars have apparently been seized by the high court.I do not know if my car has been sold or seized.What are my rights please ?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. It depends what the sale and return agreement says - if you do not part with legal ownership of the car then you need to contact the liquidator and demand the return of the car. If you did part with legal ownership then you are creditor of the company and need to lodge a claim in the liquidation. Who has the log book of the car? Does the agreement explain what happens in liquidation? kind regards AJ