Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

My friend of fifty years has dementia. She is a widow. Two

Customer Question

My friend of fifty years has dementia. She is a widow. Two years ago she was taken to the Court of Protection by her four children. A deputyship was granted, to her second daughter.
No consultation took place and no summons was served. To ensure she was unaware of any action taking place, we were tricked into going to her house in Italy where her other daughter and her husband offered to assist in repairing to her house. She was to get the money from her bank in Italy to pay them. The repairs were completed satisfactoraly.
On our return to the UK we found whar purpoted to be a summons on the bedroom floor, signed by the two daughters. We consulted a solicitor who found out about the Court of Protection proceedings but thought it was too late to do anything about it and maybe a family member would make a good deputy. The Court was deliberately decieved into thinking that she was served with a notice. The whole operation was done in complete secrecy thus denying her day in court.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

On what basis would your friend have contested the application?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was totally unaware that an application had been made to the court of protection until our return from Italy. So could not contest the action. This was a conspiracy to pervert the course of justice in order to gain control of the fruits of her lifetimes work and deny her access to her own money and property totalling circa 3.5 to 4 million in cash and assets. No notice was served so she was not given the oppertunity to attend the court. She has o access to her own money to hire lawyers to attempt to rectify this appaling situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone number is ************* or *************
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Is there medical evidence available that confirms that she had mental capacity at that time and why has it taken two years to decide to take action