Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Am tope,would like to find out if have got a warrant of

Customer Question

Hello am tope,would like to find out if have got a warrant of arrest on my name in the United Kingdom
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi. How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** presently outside the United Kingdom would like to know if there's a warrant of arrest on my name.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. What is your question about this? Obviously I will not know whether there is a warrant outstanding against you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well my baby mother had a fraud case and in the process of investigation the police found my child birth certificate and told me there's a warrant on my name but the case is over so just wanted to know if the warrant isn't valid since the case is over.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The fact that the case has concluded wouldn't invalidate a warrant per se.

It depends on the type of warrant. If you didn't attend court then there would still be a warrant for you.

If it is just an arrest warrant for questioning then they won't enforce that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea just spoke to her a minute ago and she told me guess the warrant was for questioning about the case and the case is ended so just wanted to be know if no warrant will be enforced on my name.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If it is just an arrest warrant for questioning alone then it should not be if indeed the case has ended.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea the case has ended and she's just on community service and two years suspended sentence so guess am free to come back.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Actually though, you mean the case against her has ended not against you? In that case, they could still arrest you if the case against you hasn't ended.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea the case against her as ended cause I wasn't arrested or nothing she just told me the cops saw my kid birth certificate and a warrant of arrest guess its for questioning and since the case is ended.hope you understand me
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

The case against you hasn't ended though.

Therefore they could exercise the warrant I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You don't understand me yet I don't have a case with no one..my baby mother was the with the court case not me plus I wasn't in England during the whole court case,she just told the cops saw the kid birth certificate and thought I could help them during the case and the is ended so all am trying to find out is hope no warrant on my name since the case is ended plus I wasn't in the country anyway
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I do understand and yes the warrant can be enforced. The case has not ended against you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really but I wasn't involved in the fraud case anyway just that the cops saw my name on the kid BC and thought I could b linked to it plus I wasn't in the country and the case as b concluded on her so do you think the warrant will be valid still huh.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a court warrant on my name,she only told me the cops trying to get me for questioning and I was in Africa so just wanted to know if am gonna be disturb when returning.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that you could be arrested if there is still an interest in you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea but there's no interest about me cause dey r not after my baby mother in regards ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If have got a case like u assumed guess she should be told at the crown court that I should come before the case is ended really.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what you mean?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My baby mother was arrested for fraud and when cops came to the house and searched they found my name on the birth certificate and after she told me the cops places a warrant on my name for questioning but the case as been ended so will there be any form of warrant on my name coming back to England.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, there could be.