Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am applying. I had 3 points on my licence tyre and £60

Customer Question

Hi
I am applying for Naturalisation. I had 3 points on my licence for faulty tyre and £60 fixed penalty by Police in march 2010 and it is cleared/spent now. Do i need to put the details on the form AN?
Thanks
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Did you pay the fixed penalty notice before the matter went to court?

Do you have any other convictions or fixed penalty notices?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. No court. Road side only.I paid immediately. No other convictions or penalties. Thanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Please refer to section 3.2 on page 15 of the application form:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458114/form_an_v_05_15_01_09_2015.pdf

You will see that the form confirms “Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s criminal record” provided that there were no criminal proceedings (ie. that the matter did not proceed to court).

Therefore, it would not be a criminal conviction for the purpose of the form and you can state that you do not have any convictions provided that you do not have any other offences.

You will be fine if this is the only issue.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks