Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am a publican within the Northeast of England and I pay

Customer Question

I am a publican within the Northeast of England and I pay �320 a month t o a company who calls themselves Satilite Central and they say because am showing NBC and Nove and quite a few others I am allowed to show all matches even the 3 o clock kick offs,I've had a rep in for sky threating me now unless I subscribe to them at �600 per month then they will start legal proceeding although my system doesn't actually broadcast precisely at 3 and dos the show any premiership logos because it has logo removal,can you please advise because my buisness may fold very quickly,thank you.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Have Sky contacted you in writing? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No a sky rep walked into my premise last week and stated that I have been caught showing 3oclock kick offs on a Saturday and the premier league will take me to court if I continue showing these matched with being in breech of broadcasting rights,I explained I don't show sky TV but NBC and every other which subscribes to sky and my premium covers that and also I also have logo removal so am not showing the leagues logos,he stated it doesn't matter at all even if am not showing any sky products but am still in breech in showing football matches on Saturday afternoon.ive contacted my provider and they've said exactly the same as you by asking them to write to me and my provider will represent me in the court but since I've mentioned about sky threatening with leagal action they have disconnected my services as the so called trust has been broken and no longer wish to do buisness with myself,I've asked for a invoice and receipt for my records and also for my accountant but the gentleman states it will all be sent in the post,then I've asked for a address to forward any correspondence from sky,premier league etc and he simply fobbed me off saying this and that so I then said am in my I pad now so just tell me where your based at and give me the address so I can google it, his response was we don't advertise on the web etc etc etc,bullshit I said and am going to get prosecuted from sky etc,he says ask them to write and take it from there,now I feel am being used by a so called satilite company who doesn't exist.Ive rang the sky rep and he strongly advises me to stop showing anymore 3oclock matches because now the premier league is mo touring all future matches especially this weekend which just to be the local Darby between sunderland v newcastle on Sunday.