Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I want to get my husband deported as he only married me to

Customer Question

I want to get my husband deported as he only married me to live in the uk I'm not having any luck with the home office as its reported twice can anyone please advice me
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, if you have reported that you consider that your husband deceived you and only married you for the purpose of obtaining a visa for the uK then there is not much else you can do.

The home office will review the information that you have sent them and then likely write to him to curtail his visa. Because they are overstretched this might be as pro-active about the situation as they get. This means that although they may not actively go after him to detain him they will probably do so if he appears to them, usually this is where he might attempt to leave the UK, apply for an extension (which he would not get because you would not support it) or if they otherwise bump in to him.

If there is further evidence which you have now but did not provide to the home office then you may consider providing this by writing to them again, but it’s probable that they will simply curtail his visa and then eventually deport him when they catch up with him.

The other option is to commence divorce proceedings and then provide your final divorce decree to the home office, which is obviously incontrovertible evidence that you are no longer married but they will still simply wait until they catch up with him more likely that actively pursuing him.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Are you able to respond to the above post in order that I may provide you with an answer please?

Kind regards,

Tom