Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Just recieved a letter of nitice of the fine and collecton

Customer Question

hi
just recieved a letter of nitice of the fine and collecton order and offense is 1/ use a motor vehicle on a road/ public place without third party insurance.
i did'nt understand this notice as i have my insurance on my car starts 3 months ago i have a new liscence and i never drive any other vehicle except mine and am i not third driver on any car.
Plz help me in this matter coz i have date due 14 october . ( Tomorrow)
Many Thanks
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is it too late to help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi
I was expecting a quick response but it didn't work out. Anyways i got the extention from the collection notice department on the basis that i have to challenge or appeal court for this case.
The case is that i was been stopped by the police as they were checking vehicle insurance. I had the insurance but because i was taking goods in it to drop at my friend's shop the police seized my car giving reason that my insurance is not valid. Then i went to Charlton pond to get the car and they asked all documents of car and insurance and after checking they released the car because my insurance was valud if not then they would not release the car. I paid fine as well. But now after 2 months ago i got a letter from the money collection department so i called them this morning regarding this matter and they suggested me to call the Bromley court which i did and now they saying me to appeal.am sending you the only letter i received.
Plz help me out in this matter wht to do next.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. This has been to court. did you get a summons?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no. i haven't recieve any summons from the court and they send me this letter ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Are you confident that your insurance did cover you to drive in that particular way?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have my personal insurance and that day i was carrying goods in my car to drop in a place but i was not working that day and there was no intention of doing any delivery. Because police stopped me and after asking the details they said my insurance is not covering if i am carrying goods and they seized my car. Then i went to charlton pond and showed my documents including insurance and they released the car. So if my insurance wasn't valid then why did they allow me to take the car ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Because they always do. The release of the vehicle is a non issue.

Sorry if I am missing the point but you were carrying goods? And your insurance doesn't cover that?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my insurance does'nt cover that ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Doesn't it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have a personal insurance on my car and as i was having goods in it and told police that i am delivering these goods in a shop so they seized my car on the basis that when you have goods in your car and delivering anywhere so you need to have a business insurance and at the moment your insurance does'nt cover that and they gave me a reciept which is attached in files please check . I am also sending you my insurance policy and court letter . Please tell me as oon as possible what to do next as i already told you that i got extention from collection centre till 11th November and want me to write a letter to court requesting open the case because i told them am going to challenge.
Waiting for your reply
Thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

On the face of it, it would not seem to cover you. You can check for certain by calling them.

The point the police are making though is that you had these goods in your car and you were not insured to carry them. I have to say that it does seem to me a rather different type of case to a person driving around without insurance and deliberately flouting the law but nevertheless you are not insured.

The only way to be certain is to check with your insurance company.

You can call them and post back with their reply.