Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

Claire, Many thanks comments about maintenance. I changed

Customer Question

Hello Claire, Many thanks for your comments about maintenance. I changed the locks for my house. She got very angry, then went to the police and made false allegations: 1) I made a sex act on her when she was asleep in March 2015. This based if what I
told her at that time. 2) That I pushed hard on her chest 0ne month ago. The police arrested me, I denied the two allegations as they never happened. I was bailed conditionally to report back after 2 months. What happened next? Do I need to be worried? During
the interview with police I mentioned that she continues to receive several types of benefits while she is fully supported financially by me. That was the reason I divorced her because I have found that to be unethical and dishonest. Do you think the police
would investigate her benefit fraud, would that incriminate me as been accomplice in the fraud. Sorry for the long story Many thanks, ***** *****
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

It is unlikely that the Police will investigate her for benefit fraud - that is generally done by the DWP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also asked the following two questions:
What happened next? Do I need to be worried?.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My apologies

The police will continue their investigations and then the Crown prosecution Service will decide whether or not to prosecute.

At this stage it is a matter of wait and see