JGM
JGM, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
31090051

I am named beneficiary in my late dads will which I have

Customer Question

I am named beneficiary in my late dads will which I have been trying to dispute to no avail, the contents of the garage was left to me and they are asking me now to as a matter of urgency clear the garage of all its contents which is 80% Rubbish I would need to hire a skip and pay for that out of my own pocket ? Is this my responsibility ? Also the executors have changed the locks on the house to safeguard the property and have sent me the bill for £250 !.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

As a beneficiary you are not expected to clear rubbish. Tell them you have collected the contents that were intended for you. Also send them back th bill for the locks. That is an executry expense and not one for the beneficiaries.