Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am a self employed agent an have been. Throughout my years

Customer Question

I am a self employed agent for Provident an have been for 16yrs. Throughout my years working for the company they have always changed how we earn commission, which obviously benefits them more. This week they have introduced that our collections have increased from 70% to 80%. We have had nothing in writing or even been told properly how it will affect us. Well it's a huge difference. We are paid on on tiers an have to get a set amount of payers to achieve certain %'s these are as follows:
Basic rate 7%
Threshold 1 8%
Threshold 2 9%
Threshold 3 10%
So based on mine I had to get 89 payers out of 130 customers for all three tiers to achive my 10%. They have now increased it to 101 which is not achievable!
Have we any rights to do something about this?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Do you have a written agreement which contains the terms of the current commission and does it also state it can be amended?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The paperwork I have is to inform us of changes to our agreements. It states the new commission scheme start on June 2nd 2014. From that date onwards agents who continue to conduct there agency will be deemed to have accepted the new commission scheme. But that has nothing to do with wot they have done this week! We have nothing to say about increasing the customers it just appeared on our targets!!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

ok so you were issued with changes, which were to take effect in June 2014, but they have now changed these again by increasing the requirement for you to become eligible for the commission?