Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I received a letter to attend a interview under caution

Customer Question

I received a letter to attend a interview under caution for benefit fraud for care allowance which my step son was my carer we fell out and he phoned up and said that he has not been my carer but the money was paid in to my bank account and we gave him the money in cash now they are asking for my baby k statement which my solicitor said i didn't need to give now they have said that they will just go ahead and get all of my bank account statement why? also i have said thatwe ggave him the money under caution i just want to now say that i am guilty cause i can't cope with any more of this cause it's making me feel even more ill what would happen now if i did this will they still continue to investigate or just take me straight to court please help me
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, are the allegations against you actually true?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it like i have to prove that I gave him the money but this does show up on my statement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When he started caring for me in 2012 he was coming them he stopped coming as often so i didn't give him all the money this is where the fraud comes in and we're did the rest of the go. But i didn't spend it myself i was giving it to my daughter in law who was coming in to care for me but you can not pay to people and I didn't tell them.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Do you have a specific question about this?