Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My daughter has an out of court agreement regarding her

Customer Question

My daughter has an out of court agreement regarding her childrens contact with their father. This has been adhered to for the past year, but her twin boys aged 5 at Christmas, are now saying they dont want to sleep over once a month. Basically, on occasions when they have in the past, daddy wouldn't let them come home if they got upset. It has always been more of a revenge problem with him, rather than what is best for his children. Where does my daughter stand with this?
I hasten to add, because of unacceptable behaviour from her ex, she never actually signed the agreement, but nonetheless has stuck to it.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

The difficulty which she has whether this is an out of court settlement (signed nor unsigned) or a child arrangement order is that the court would not listen to the views of children as young as 5 years old. She can take him to court but there is a risk that he may get more contact. This is correct. The fact however that he has hit her is of great concern. If there is more abuse verbal or otherwise and she is scared then this may well be a reason to take the matter back to the court to propose supervised contact. Happy to discuss. Please rate positive

I hope that this helps - please rate positive - thanks