Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Looking at Pensinsula UK. I have been with them years and

Customer Question

Looking at Pensinsula UK. I have been with them for 8 years and have got poor value. decided to cancel in July and they say I cannot get out of the contract until Sept 2016, having they say just missed in July the deadline. Very aggressive credit control dept who obviously don't talk to the client retention dept as I have one threatening me with interets, charges, litigation and another dept trying to retain our business - we pay £200 a month. I feel the whole thing has been a con and should have tried years ago to end it
regards
Geordie hayward
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I have gone to the web site to find out if there had been a reply to my question and seen your reply on 25th! I have can see from other posts on the internet that there is considerable dissatisfaction with Peninsula. So my question is reasonably simple being no laywer! Is there any way I can get out of paying until September 2016 havign given notice in July 2015. I would say pay them 3 months or even 6 but having got no value from them for 8 years I really do find it daylight robbery for them to in effect in July say you have to pay for another 14 months?
Many thanks
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What does the contract say about cancellation?