Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I'm looking to get a stay on Civil proceedings against me

Customer Question

Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

You would need to also apply to the court for a stay as well as an appeal using the N244. Happy to discuss.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically my x partner is claiming half a lottery win from 2011 and has constantly amended her claims over the last year.
I applied for summary judgement/strikeout but the judge decided it could be a triable issue.bearing in mind my ex said we chose the numbers when in fact it was a lucky dip ticket - I am disgusted that the judge saw it as a triable issue.hence I put in an appeal to the decision - back in early July and the courts lost my papers so I've resubmitted them today.i understand that an appeal does not put a stay in proceedings and the other party are using these proceedings to pressurise me into a ridiculous schedule 1 housing application

The fact that you have failed to succeed in an application for summary judgment not does prejudice the outcome of the case. The matter will be heard at a full final hearing. The threshold to defeat a summary judgment application is not terribly high - so does not mean too much.

I hope that this helps - please rate positive