Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

I have a similar situation in that I live on Dartmoor and my

Customer Question

Hello I have a similar situation in that I live on Dartmoor and my neighbour has vehicle access over my garden to get to her house. I erected a 5 bar (unlocked) gate 20 years ago as ponies were rolling over the cattle grid in front of the gate to get into my garden, eating the shrubs and messing. My neighbour moved into her house a year ago and says that it too much hassle for her to open and close the gate every time she needs access, hence she is leaving the gate open most of the time. She has offered to clean out the cattle grid, so the gate would remain open, as it has become full of stone and mud, but the grid is dangerous for children walking onto it, as they can get their feet trapped. I feel that when the neighbour purchased the house she knew about the access gate. I would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Thomas Judge replied 1 year ago.

what is your question?