Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF
13113900

I want to set up an SPV to purchase a BTL. i currently have

Customer Question

Hi , My name is***** want to set up an SPV to purchase a BTL. i currently have a Ltd company , which has been operating since 2009. how do i set up the SPV? do i need another LTD company??
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. If your intended purpose of the SPV is for it to hold the buy to let property and nothing else, then yes you will need to form another company. An SPV is the same as any other company save that it has been set up solely for the purpose of holding a property. Would you like to discuss this further? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Setting the SPV up to hold a buy to let property(ies). Would like to talk further and also need to know how to set up ??. So i cannot use existing LTD company i have for the SPV?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Thank you. Yes you can use the existing company - but then it wont be an SPV per say it will be an entity that owns multiple properties. An SPV is just a term used to describe a legal entity (like a limited company) set up in order to own property? Kind regards AJ