Clare
Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience
13262538

I am in the middle of an appeal against the CSA at the

Customer Question

I am in the middle of an appeal against the CSA at the magistrates court. I'm appealing against a judgement made by the CSA that I received dividends as part of my salary and they used that to calculate my payments.
The court has all the evidence such as P60's, but this process has been going on for over 18 months. My ex-wife attends the court too which I find very disturbing. Its like I'm the one on trial! She's falsified a set of company accounts which shes submitted to court as evidence herself.
I'm disgusted the way this has been handled. I'm due back in court on 5th October but really dont want to go. What can I do?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

Are you the Director of a Company and if so have you submitted the correct accounts to Company House?

Clare

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't receive dividends. However, the point here is that the appeal is for a specific period. It should be focusing on the details already with the CSA but my ex-wife has been able to submit 'new' evidence. She hacked my wifes social network accounts and provided photos of us on holiday. Ive complained about this but nothing done. I really don't think she should be there. I want to tel lthe court that I have no confidence in the process cause I think it is flawed! I want the court to act on the information they already have not drag everything up again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really feel it is me on trial here, but its my appeal!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CSA have already said that if I had received dividends they can't be used to calc my payments, so my ex-wife is now going back to appeal on the basis of life style. How can she do that when its my appeal?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What is the specific issue before the Magistrates Court - in general terms they deal with enforcement appeals not assessment ones?