Law Educator, Esq., UK Law Answer Team
Experience:  UK Law Expert
10285032

My daughter is about to finish her Master's degree at

Customer Question

My daughter is about to finish her Master's degree at King's College. she resides in London. Her current course ends September 30 and her tier 4 visa expires on January 30, 2016. She is on holiday in Italy and schedule to fly back to London this Thursday.
her question is what is the best thing to say on her landing card when she returns? She usually puts "until September 2015" when she comes back into the UK but she is worried that this time they may give her a hard time since it s close to September 30. Thanks.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Actually, it is best to put January 2016, since that would coincide with her visa and they have no way of knowing anything else other than her visa is good until January 2016. If she puts September, they may indeed give her a hard time since that is only 2 weeks or so left. Just because she puts January 2016 does not mean she has to stay that entire time, but it means she can stay up to that time.